Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. It seems like only yesterday I was serving as WMSHP president for the first time. It has actually been 5 years! Time does fly. I am pleased to be serving as your WMSHP president once again.
You will see a mix of new and familiar faces within the leadership of WMSHP this year. The WMSHP leadership for 2013 is as follows:
- President: Dana Staat (Spectrum Health)
- Past-President: Kali VanLangen (FSU)
- President-Elect: Angela Green (Mercy)
- Treasurer: Kim Melgarejo (Borgess)
- Secretary: Brad Miller (Spectrum Health)
- Technician: Ciji Marckini (Spectrum Health)
- Returning Board Members: Kasey Bucher and Abby Sturm (Saint Mary's), Kari Vavra and Kristina Rak (FSU)
- New Board Members: Becky Maynard (Borgess), Michael Michutka (Borgess), Katie Axford (FSU), and Carrie Morrison (Mercy).
Our next meeting will be held January 10, at Borgess Medical Center-Lawrence Education Center Auditorium. Donald Scott, Pharm.D. , Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacist at Spectrum Health, will be speaking about antimicrobial dosing in the obese patient.
Save the date: The WMSHP Spring Seminar will be held May 7, 2013 at the Prince Conference Center on the campus of Calvin College in Grand Rapids.